The Best Kitchenaid Mixers For Cake Decorators
Aside from the satisfaction of a job well done, making your own baked goods from scratch tastes better is better for you, and it generally costs much less than buying products from the store. Kitchenaid mixers make baking at home a cinch. They are among the best mixers in the market. These mixers are known as standing mixers because they have a standing posture and they are used for kneading and whipping of the dough. Save yourself unnecessary effort in the kitchen. However, knowing what’s right for you begins with knowing your needs. As such, this article provides a robust understanding of the top Kitchenaid mixers. It will help you purchase with confidence the right Kitchenaid mixer for your cooking/baking needs.
The KitchenAid Professional 600 Series model has a 6-quart large stainless steel bowl with comfortable handles. The bowl is lifted off of the base, aiding in the mixing process, and the mixer comes with a Powerknead spiral dough hook, burnished flat beater, wire whip, and a single piece pouring shield. There are 10 other attachments as well.
• Available in ten different colors, it can also match any kitchen design.
• It has 10 different speeds which makes it powerful enough for any task or recipe
• It’s electronic speed sensor has auto shut-off mechanism with the soft start speed designed to minimize splatter
• Becomes relatively noisy during use
• Tough kneading tasks jerks the machine with the bowl briefly popping out of place
• Proper whipping requires cranking up the speed so as to create a vortex.
• Poor bowls and whisks alignment which causes lengthy whipping time
• Not ideal for mixing small batches of dough
Known as Kitchenaid’s largest capacity professional mixer, with a 1.3 horsepower motor and 7-Quart work bowl, the KitchenAid 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer Sugar Pearl is designed to make your cooking for a bake sale easier. It features PowerkneadTM Spiral Dough Hook, Flat Beater, and Stainless Steel Wire Whip and so many other impressive features designed to surpass your baking expectations and standards.
• The bowl-attachment alignment and distance is designed to reduce whipping time
• Extra feature of attached scraper on the beater reduces scraping frequency
• The Y-shaped webbing of the beater prevents clogging
• Perfect for heavy-duty baking as it is capable of mixing large pounds of batter
• Irrespective of your choice of mixing speed, it effortlessly runs quietly
• Unable to properly mix small batches of dough as its S-shaped dough hooks makes limited or no contact at all with the ingredients
• It performs inconsistently during kneading despite its high horsepower
• Quite expensive compared to the 4.5- and 6-quart stand mixers
Designed for the practical consumer, the KitchenAid Classic Plus Series 4.5-Quart Tilt-Head is for you. Basic yet with a smaller price tag as against the 6- and 7-quart stand mixers, it features a multipurpose attachment hub, a coated flat beater, coated dough hook, and wire whip.
[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”PROS:”]
- Its tilted head design allows for easy pouring in of ingredients
- It can be used efficiently for mixing of single batch of dough with its 59-point planetary mixing action
- Its multipurpose power head enables its user to fit in over 15 optional attachments
[/wpsm_pros][/wpsm_column][wpsm_column size=”one-half” position=”last”][wpsm_cons title=”CONS:”]
- Its sharper-angled Z-style paddles causes clogging as such requiring wiping off of beater frequently
- Not suitable for working on heavy dough
- Has reduced versatility as against its other siblings as it is short of automatic shut off/timer, splashguard and a bowl handle[/wpsm_cons][/wpsm_column]
A stand mixer can easily be one of the most exciting purchases you ever make for your kitchen, especially if you bake a lot. Synonymous with innovation and durability, the Kitchenaid mixers having being the pioneer stand mixers, is a must-have for every home-from newbies to professional chefs, bakers and cooks. As such, knowing and using the right mixer for your cooking/baking needs will ensure you utilize your creativity and cut your food preparation in half.
Originally posted 2019-04-29 08:29:57.