How to Make a GIANT Birthday Cake Oreo Filled Donut!
Don’t know what She’s the First is? READ ME!
She’s the First is a non-profit organization that provides scholarships for girls in low-income countries so that those girls can be the first in their family to graduate high school. Every year, they hold an annual #BakeAChange campaign where they encourage people to hold bake sales to fundraise for girls’ education – and this year, I’m their #BakeAChange ambassador!! 😀 Today, I’ll show you how to create a fun and easy Funfetti Bake Sale table perfect if you want to #BakeAChange and fundraise for She’s the First!
Enjoy, and make sure to share pictures of your treats on Facebook and Instagram with the hashtag #kawaiisweetworld!
SHE’S THE FIRST VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TchMnCq13Hk
She's the First website: http://www.shesthefirst.org
She's the First YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/shesthefirst
She's the first Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shesthefirst/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf
She's the First Twitter: https://twitter.com/shesthefirst?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
She's the First Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shesthefirst/
TIE-DYE CUPCAKE VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qPtJSksPqM
Giant Birthday Cake Filled Donut Recipe
This recipe also makes two 8” cake rounds
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup strong black coffee (or 1 heaping tablespoon espresso powder dissolved in 1 cup water)
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 package Birthday Cake Oreos, crushed and mixed with sprinkles
¼ cup chocolate ganache (1/2 cup chocolate + ¼ cup boiling hot heavy cream – or use Nutella)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour donut pans
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine. Stir in the coffee. Batter will be thin.
4. Divide batter between the two pans, then bake for 45-50 minutes.
5. Let cakes cool, then level them off. Scoop out center of cakes and fill bottom layer with crushed Oreo pieces. Spread chocolate ganache on inside of top layer, and press in Oreos.
6. Sandwich cakes together, frost, and decorate.
Buttercream Frosting Recipe:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
2-3 T milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Red/pink food coloring
Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add milk to reach desired consistency, then food coloring for a soft pink.
Music courtesy of Nicolai Heidlas “Morning Sun” and “A Way for Me”
Originally posted 2016-10-15 17:01:27.